Anglia Home Furnishings Ltd, Trading as Fabb Furniture
Registered address: Fabb Furniture, Club Way, Cygnet Park, Peterborough, PE7 8JA company number 07599341, acts as a credit broker and not the lender. Anglia Home Furnishings Ltd only offers financial products from V12 Retail Finance Limited acts as the lender. V12 Retail Finance Limited. Registered in England and Wales 4585692. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registration number: 679653
AHF is a registered data controller and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The purpose of this policy is to set out the basis on which personal data may be collected from you and how such data will be used by us. “You, your or user(s)” means you as a user of our services from our store(s), website(s), mobile site(s), and/or app(s), telephone, or any of our other registered locations, individually or collectively. We offer our services and operational platforms, including all information, tools and services available to you conditionally upon your acceptance of all the terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here, of which you accept by continuing to utilise our services. You generally agree to us using your personal data in the ways clearly communicated set out below. We recommend that you take the time to read this policy carefully.
Information that we may collect from you
We, and certain third-party providers of ours, may collect and process data from you in the following manner:
- You will be asked to provide certain information when ordering products from our store(s) and/or website or filling in any forms (e.g. registering to use our website);
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our business and the fulfilment of your orders will be kept;
Your name, address and contact details may be shared with our suppliers and delivery contractors to ensure that we can fulfil our contractual arrangement with you to deliver the products and services you purchase from us. AHF holds this information securely for the full period of the furniture guarantee, allowing us to commit to the guarantee. AHF’s suppliers and service providers who deliver to you directly will be passed your full contact details to allow them to fulfil this requirement. Where they are responsible for the guarantee, this information may be stored for the full period of the guarantee to allow them to fulfil this. If you purchase Stainguard from AHF, to enable us to arrange your policy, we will share details of your order, your name and contact details with them. They will hold this information and share it with any agents or associated company for the purposes of administering your policy, which may include carrying out customer surveys, claim handling and fraud prevention. Stainguard are third party data controllers and are therefore responsible for any information that you provide to them.
If you request a service or a repair from us this will normally be completed by a third-party to repair your furniture, at which point we will share your name and address details with them who will use this only for providing you with the repair service. If you request a fabric sample from us, we will action this upon receipt of your request. Once this has been completed, your details will be deleted.
If you use our website or social media sites to register your details, participate in discussion boards, enter a competition, complete a survey, use the chat facility or report a problem with our products and services the information you provide to us will be stored and may be used to facilitate that request or service. If you choose to contact us using the chat functions enabled on our website(s), we will store details of the chat securely on our own servers for a maximum of four weeks.
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us to use it for the purposes discussed with you e.g. to arrange for delivery of the furniture.
If you wish to enter into a finance agreement to purchase one of our products, we will facilitate this for you by passing your information to the finance providers with whom we have agreed arrangements in place. Those finance providers are third party data controllers and are therefore responsible for any information that you provide to them. AHF enable you to set up a direct relationship with these providers. The third-party finance providers may, for example, ask credit reference agencies about you, keep records to help them decide whether to grant credit and to provide you with finance.
Once the finance company have excepted your application for finance, AHF only keep records in relation to which finance provider you have entered into an arrangement with in order to finance your purchase with us as well as the loan terms and the value of the finance requested. Once the furniture has been delivered, the application details will be removed from AHF systems. Anglia Home Furnishings Ltd only offers financial products from V12 Retail Finance Limited acts as the lender. V12 Retail Finance Limited. Registered in England and Wales 4585692. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registration number: 679653.
We will never ask you to provide us with sensitive personal data unless we require it to complete your requests. This may be if you are exempt from VAT in relation to a disability, in which case we may require data relating to your physical or mental health to make arrangements requested by you. If you choose to provide this sensitive personal data to complete your request, we will only use it for the specific reasons discussed with you.
Information AHF receives from other sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources, and combine such information with information we hold about you, including where:
- You use any of our other websites including those of our Group Companies or other services that we provide;
- We communicate with members of your family or your household in relation to provision of our services or products (for example, to arrange for delivery);
- Our trusted partners have collected information about you, and you have consented to disclosure to us. For example, you may have entered a competition with a third party and given your consent for your details to be shared with AHF for the purposes of entering a prize draw or receiving a product discount;
- Information is available about you publicly or is aggregated or anonymised by a third party. For example, we may apply demographic analysis of your postcode such as average household size, and average income, and the general location;
- You provide information to us through your use or interaction with our social media channels.
Why do we collect information?
Information will be shared with partners, suppliers, and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. For example, some of our service providers place advertising for us online, about our products and services. As a result, where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the web sites you visit, or the interactive services you use. We will continue to process your information in this way until you advise otherwise. You can opt out of this processing activity at any point using the unsubscribe link on all emails and by using the contact us function on our website.
We will never sell your details to other companies so that they can market to you.
When you make a purchase from us, we may send to you a survey to complete of which will require no personal details and will be completely anonymous. These surveys allow us to review your customer experience and allow us to provide improved customer service. These surveys contain no promotional material or marketing messages from AHF. We may also process your personal information for the purpose(s) of customer analysis, assessment, profiling, on a personalised or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information if this does not harm any of your rights and interests
We may use selected third parties to do this. Where your personal information is disclosed to any of our service providers for these purposes, they will only have access to the information needed to perform the functions, and our contractual agreements with them do not permit them to use your personal information for their own purposes. Any telephone calls you receive from or make to AHF may be recorded. This is for training and quality purposes to allow us to ensure a high level of customer services is achieved. This telephone call will be deleted after one year
Uses of personal Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To administer our website;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered between you and us; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
IP Addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and market analysts. This is statistical data about the browsing actions and patterns of the users of our website and does not identify any individual. Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our websites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from page, and any phone number you dial to contact our telesales or customer services departments. We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using the cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive, and they help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you.
Cookies enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognise you when you return to our site
We may combine the information you give to us with information that we collect or buy from third parties about you. We use this information for the purposes set out above. The personal information collected in this way is held on file for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements.
Storage of Personal Data
AHF will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary to provide the products and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations. If you have any questions relating to our retention or destruction of your data, please contact us using the details set out in the contact us section.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (EU 2016/679), we employ strict physical, electronic and administrative security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage both on-line and off-line. Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmissions are at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to it. If you have any questions relating to security of your data, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact Us section.
Disclosure of Personnel Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To employees, or third parties, who administer any order placed by you on our website. Such third parties may also use the information for its own analytical purposes and to develop and improve its services;
- To other companies in our group;
- To employees and agents working within our group to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the group now or in the future;
- To anyone to whom we may sell any of the business or assets, or to anyone whom we buy business or assets from;
- If we, or all our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be an asset transferred;
- If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information, we may be obliged to do so; and
- We may pass non-personal aggregated data to third parties for statistical or analytical purposes.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of any such website before you submit any personal data to them.
You have the right to access personal information that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, please write to us at FABB Furniture, Club Way, Cygnet Park, Peterborough, PE7 8JA. We will respond within one month of your request. If you wish to exercise your right of access, you must submit a written request and provide proof of your identity before we supply the information to you.
You also have the right to:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object;
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling;
- Ask us to prevent processing that is causing - or is likely to cause you substantial damage or distress;
- Require us not to make certain decisions automatically if they significantly affect you;
- Ask us to make any necessary changes to the personal data we hold about you to ensure that it is accurate and up to date;
- Ask us to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed
- When the individual withdraws consent
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR)
- The personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child
We may refuse to comply with a request for erasure when personal data is processed for the following reasons;
- To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- To comply with a legal obligation for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority.
- For public health purposes in the public interest;
- Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research historical research or statistical purposes; or
- The exercise or defence of legal claims.